Caavo works great with many different TV setups including 4k, but not 4k HDR. For some devices Caavo is your Entertainment Assistant, launching content and apps and tuning to channels with your voice commands, automatically picking up where you left off watching, and gathering all your recently viewed content into watchlists. For almost anything else you connect to your TV, Caavo is a Remote Control, offering functionality similar to a universal remote.
For the best experience, you’ll want two or more devices from the Caavo Entertainment Assistant list.
- Caavo Entertainment Assistant
- DISH, DirecTV, XFINITY (newest models)
- Roku, FireTV (all models)
- Nvidia Shield TV
- Apple TV with Siri Voice remote
- Caavo Remote Control
- Most set-top boxes
- DVD/Blu-ray players
- Streaming boxes (including Apple TV 3 and older)
- Game consoles
Caavo can learn IR remote commands for any device, but deep linking is only supported for certain devices. Use this article to learn more about these features, and to see if your devices are supported.
- Launch Apps: Caavo can launch an app on a compatible devices simply by saying "watch [app name]" - For example, you could say "watch Hulu" and Caavo will automatically launch Hulu.
- Launch Devices: Caavo can automatically switch to a connected device by saying "watch [device name" - For example, you could say "watch Apple TV" and Caavo will switch to the input Apple TV is connected to.
- Launch Movies or Shows: Caavo can also automatically launch content in your watchlist if you say "watch [name of show or movie] - For example, you could say "watch Game of Thrones" and Caavo will start the next episode.
- DVR: On compatible set-top boxes, Caavo can automatically set an upcoming live show to be recorded
- Tune to a channel: You can also ask Caavo to watch a channel call-sign or number, and Caavo will automatically tune to that channel on compatible set-top boxes.
Streaming Devices Entertainment Assistant Support (newest generation devices only)
|Turn On / Off||Deep Linking||Control Type|
|Apple TV*||✔||✔||IP / IR|
|Amazon FireTV**||✔||✔||BT / CEC|
|Roku***||✔||✔||IP / IR|
*Apple 3 and older do not support Deep Linking
**First-generation FireTV does not support Deep Linking
***First-generation Roku Box, Roku Stick, and Roku TVs do not support Deep Linking
Caavo can control most cable and satellite set-top boxes that have IR control, including TiVo, FiOS, U-verse, and Spectrum (to name just a few). During setup there is an IR learning process to teach Caavo your device's IR codes, so chances are good that we can control your cable/satellite box.
Additionally, Caavo can retrieve lists of DVR recordings from:
- Xfinity X1 DVR
- Dish Hopper
- DirecTV DVR (network-connected)
- Caavo's Entertainment Assistant features will work with Nvidia Shield.
- For other Android TV set top boxes, Caavo can provide basic control if the Android device can be controlled via IR or HDMI-CEC.
- Caavo interfaces with TVs that have Andoid TV built in the same as any other TV - we control power, volume, and switching of the HDMI input to the one Caavo is connected to.
Other devices (PC, security cameras, media server, etc)
If connected to Caavo's HDMI input, these devices will be detected as "unknown". You can label it during setup and Caavo will be able to switch to that port to display video but won't likely be able to control it. You may wish to skip any IR learning during setup to save yourself time and effort.