FireTV can be controlled through Bluetooth or HDMI-CEC. Bluetooth is recommended, and is selected by default.
Caavo can detect presses of the Home button on your FireTV remote, and will switch sources to FireTV when that button is pressed if Auto Switching is enabled for FireTV.
Caavo must be paired with FireTV through Bluetooth in order to use Caavo as a remote. You'll be prompted to pair your Caavo device with FireTV as part of the setup process:
1. Using your FireTV remote, navigate to Settings > Controllers & Bluetooth Devices > Other Bluetooth Devices
2. Select "Add Bluetooth Devices"
3. Follow the prompts on screen to pair Caavo with FireTV
- If you have previously paired your FireTV with Caavo, follow the instructions onscreen that advise using the FireTV's MENU button to unpair Caavo. You can then pair Caavo again at that point.
FireTV keys are mapped to the following Caavo buttons:
To enable Deep Linking functionality, the Caavo Companion app must be installed. You can search for "Caavo Companion" on your FireTV device itself, which is prompted during setup, or beforehand on a computer.
On FireTV device:
- Connect the FireTV to any available Caavo HDMI port. If you are using the Fire Stick, you will need to use a HDMI extender.
- Verify Caavo discovers the newly connected Amazon FireTV
- While in setup, download and install the Caavo Companion App and launch to ensure the app has successfully been installed.
- Follow the onscreen instructions to pair & connect the Caavo remote with the FireTV
On a computer
- Go to the Amazon website or app store and search for "Caavo Companion".
- In the dropdown menu highlighted in red below, choose the FireTV device you want to use with Caavo and click "Deliver". If you're not sure which device to choose, choose "Cloud Only".
- If you chose a specific device in Step 2 you can skip this step. If you chose "Cloud Only" in Step 2, turn on Caavo and on FireTV navigate to Settings > My Account > Sync Amazon Content. The Caavo Companion app will now be installed on your device.
- Once the Caavo Companion app is installed, the app and open it. You should get a message that says "Caavo connected successfully!" Caavo can now Deep Link with your FireTV!