Dish Wally can be controlled via IP or IR controls. IP control is recommended, and is selected by default. Note: in order to use IP control, Control Center must be on the same network as your Dish Wally set-top box.
Control Center can detect the follow activities on Dish Wally:
- HDMI-CEC commands
- Power on
- Dish Wally IR Remote operation
If Auto Switching for Dish Wally is enabled and any of these activities happen, then Control Center will turn on and switch sources to Dish Wally automatically.
Dish Wally keys are mapped to the following Control Center buttons:
|Dish Wally||Control Center|
|Directional Pad||Directional Pad|
|Page Down||Down Arrow|
|Page Up||Up Arrow|
|Recall||Long press Back Button|
|Menu||Long press Menu Button|
|Info||Long press Home Button|
|Replay||Long press REW|
|Skip||Long press FFWD|
|More buttons||Long press 9 Dots|
You can also customize additional long-press functions. Long press the (9 Dots) button. You can then select a function on the left side of the menu, and press & hold the button you want to assign that function to.
Deep Linking on Dish Wally supports navigating to specific shows or channels, searching DVR listings, and launching DVR shows.
- Connect the Dish Wally STB to any available Control Center HDMI port.
- Verify Control Center discovers the newly connected Dish Wally STB
- Verify Dish Wally STB is connected to the same network as Control Center
- Proceed with steps to setup the new device
- While in setup, follow the instructions to verify you can control the Dish Wally STB with your Control Center remote.