Control Center currently only has the ability to retrieve DVR lists from Xfinity, DirecTV, and Dish DVRs. Upon first setting up, your DVR's list may not show up until the next day (especially if you have a lot of recordings).
- Control Center does not currently have the ability to retrieve recordings list for other DVRs, including TiVo devices. You can still use the Control Center remote to manually navigate to your DVR's recording list.
DVR retrieval happens automatically after Control Center has been turned off for a while, but it needs to have the ability to control the DVR at all times. If your DVR is completely powered off, or closed in a location that Control Center is unable control it when you aren't watching, DVR retrieval will continue to fail. To perform a manual DVR retrieval, follow the steps below.
If you have an Xfinity DVR:
- Make sure Control Center is able to control the Xfinity DVR
- On the Xfinity DVR, go to Settings> Preferences> General> Background Darkness Level. Make sure this is set to 11.
- Bring up the Control Center menu, go to Watch and leave the highlight on Xfinity. Press the KEYPAD button on the Control Center remote (9 buttons, bottom center) to refresh the DVR list. Put the remote down until the process finishes or it will be terminated.
If you have a DirecTV or Dish DVR:
- Make sure the DVR is powered up and connected to the same network that Control Center is on.
- On your Control Center, go to Settings> Devices> [device name] and make sure the Control Type entry is "IP". If it is "IR", we will not be able to retrieve the watchlist.
- To reset control, select the Control Settings options, then Change Control type. Select IP.
- Bring up the Control Center menu, go to Watch and leave the highlight on DVR. Press the KEYPAD button on the Control Center remote (9 buttons, bottom center) to refresh the DVR list. Put the remote down until the process finishes or it will be terminated.