It is easy to set up a new TV with Control Center. Move the HDMI cable from your old TV to your new one and then power your new TV on. Then simply use the Control Center remote to go to Settings> Devices. Select the name of your old TV and choose Reset Output, then follow the onscreen instructions to set up your new TV.
Soundbar/AVR (Audio/Video Receiver or surround sound)
Depending on the type of soundbar you purchased, you may:
- Connect Control Center's output to the input of the soundbar/AVR and then the output of that device to your television. Please avoid using the TV's HDMI ARC port.
- Connect Control Center's output to the TV, and then connect the TV's audio output to the soundbar/AVR (via an optical cable or HDMI ARC port).
- If your soundbar/AVR has HDMI in and out ports and supports HDMI 2.0 passthru, we recommend option (1) above.
- If you are trying to use any advanced audio formats (i.e. Dolby Atmos), you will need to use option (1) above.
- If your soundbar/AVR does not have HDMI in and out ports or does not support HDMI 2.0 passthru, you will have to use option (2) above.
After connecting your soundbar or AVR for the first time, you will need to setup the new audio device within Control Center so that you can control it. Go to Settings> Devices and select the name of your TV, then choose Reset Output. This will cause you to go through the TV and soundbar/AVR settings at the same time, giving you the option to listen to audio through just the soundbar/AVR or use the TV's speakers as well.