DirecTV can be controlled via IP or IR controls. IP control is recommended and is selected by default. Note: in order to use IP control, Control Center must be on the same network as your DirecTV set-top box.
Control Center can detect the following activities on DirecTV:
- HDMI-CEC commands
- Power on
- DirecTV IR Remote operation
If Auto Switching for DirecTV is enabled and any of these activities happen, then Control Center will turn on and switch sources to DirecTV automatically when activity is detected.
DirecTV keys are mapped to the following Control Center buttons:
|More buttons||Long press|
You can also customize additional long-press functions. Long press the button. You can then select a function on the left side of the menu, and press & hold the button you want to assign that function to.
The Control Center remote also allows you to assign either the Rewind/Fast Forward or the Skip Back/Skip Forward controls to the Directional Pad. By laying your thumb gently over the Directional Pad, scrubbing in either a clockwise or counter-clockwise direction will initiate the Fast Forward or Rewind function respectively. Alternatively, you can assign the Skip Forward or Skip Back functions to the Gesture Controlled Directional Pad.
Deep Linking on DirecTV supports navigating to specific shows or channels, searching DVR listings, and launching DVR shows.
- Connect the DirecTV STB to any available Control Center HDMI port.
- Verify Control Center discovers the newly connected DirecTV STB
- Verify DirecTV STB is connected to the same network as Control Center
- Proceed with steps to set up the new device
- While in setup, follow the instructions to verify you can control the DirecTV STB with the Control Center remote.