Control Center will attempt to scan the DVR shows when the system has been turned off for a few minutes. During this time, you may see the activity light on the Xfinity box flicker. If you turn the system on while scanning is happening, the scan process will abort to let you use your system normally.
If you have a non-4K Xfinity X1 set top box but Control Center is not displaying your recordings in search results, make sure the "Darkness Level" on the Xfinity box is set to "11".
- Using your Control Center remote, switch to the Xfinity input and then press the HOME button.
- Highlight Settings (the gear icon) and press OK.
- Highlight Preferences and press OK.
- Highlight General and press OK.
- Using the right arrow button, highlight Background Darkness Level and press OK.
- Using the right arrow button on your remote, set the darkness to 11 and press OK (this choice will return you to the General screen)
- Press the OK button to finish, then do a long press of the (<-) button to exit the menu back to LiveTV.