Most buttons on the Control Center remote have multiple functions depending on the device you are controlling. If you wish to see what the different functions of a button are, simply rest your finger on the button. You will see a pop-up display on your TV showing the button's short press function on top with the long press function below.
If you have certain set-top boxes TiVo, Dish, DirecTV, or FIOS your Control Center remote's d-pad center, FF, and RW buttons can change functionality.
- The default setting for the RW button short press is "rewind", while long pressing will function as Skip Back (replay).
- The default setting for the FF button short press is "fast forward", while long pressing will function as Skip Forward.
To change the settings for the RW and FF buttons as well as gestures on the d-pad center button:
- go to Settings> General > Devices
- Select your STB from the list of devices.
- then select Control Settings > Ring Gestures
You will see 4 options:
- Skip Back/Skip Forward - sets the d-pad center button to perform skip back/skip forward
- Rew/FF - sets the d-pad center button to perform rewind/fast forward
- Disabled - Rew/FF Primary - disables gestures & sets the RW/FF buttons to RW/FF
- Disabled - Skip Back/Skip Forward - disables gestures & sets the RW/FF buttons to Replay/Skip
When ring gestures are enabled (options 1 & 2), you can perform FF or Skip Forward by swiping your finger clockwise around the d-pad center button. You can perform RW or Skip Back by swiping your finger counter-clockwise around the d-pad center button.