Roku can be controlled via IP (Internet Protocol) or IR(infrared) controls. IP control is highly recommended and selected by default. Note: in order to use IP control, Control Center must be on the same network subnet as your Roku device.
Control Center can detect the follow activities on Roku:
- Roku BT (Bluetooth) remote operation
- Roku IR remote operation
- Roku app on your smartphone
If Auto Switching for Roku is enabled and any of these activities happen, then Control Center will turn on and switch sources to Roku automatically. If this isn't working, use the Control Center remote to go to Settings> Devices> Roku> Control Settings> Auto-Switch Settings to enable this functionality.
Roku keys are mapped to the following Control Center buttons:
|Directional Pad||Directional Pad|
|Fast Forward|| (>>)
|Replay||Long press (<<)|
Deep Linking is supported on all Roku devices without the need for a companion app EXCEPT: first generation Roku, Roku Stick, and Roku televisions, which do not support Deep Linking.
- Connect the Roku to any available Control Center HDMI port.
- Verify Control Center discovers the newly connected Roku.
- Verify Roku is connected to the same network as Control Center.
- Proceed with steps to setup the new device
- While in setup, follow the instructions to verify you can control the Roku with the Control Center remote.