Depending on your set top box, the SKIP button on Control Center remote may be mapped differently than you expect. If you have Control Center's remote hints enabled (Settings> General), simply touch a button on the Control Center remote to display button descriptions on the bottom right of the screen.
When connected to a cable or satellite DVR, your RW button will also function as Skip Back/Replay, and FF will also function as Skip Forward. You can access these functions by long pressing the button.
- Xfinity DVRs are an exception because the PgDn & PgUp buttons perform Replay & Skip forward functions separately from the RWD & FF buttons.
To swap out the default settings for RW/FF to Replay/Skip:
- go to Settings > Devices
- Select your STB from the list of devices.
- then select Control Settings > Ring Gestures
You will see 4 options:
- Skip Back/Skip Forward - sets the d-pad center button to perform skip back/skip forward
- Rew/FF - sets the d-pad center button to perform rewind/fast forward
- Disabled - Rew/FF Primary - disables gestures & sets the RW/FF buttons to RW/FF
- Disabled - Skip Back/Skip Forward - disables gestures & sets the RW/FF buttons to Replay/Skip
When ring gestures are enabled (options 1 & 2), you can perform FF or Skip Forward by swiping your finger clockwise around the d-pad center button. You can perform RW or Skip Back by swiping your finger counter-clockwise around the d-pad center button.
You can view all of your Cable/Set-Top box's key mappings by long-pressing the number pad/more button.
Many TiVo programs have SkipMode, which advises you to press "D" or "CHAN UP" during a break to resume a show. The up arrow button on the bottom right of the Control Center remote will perform this function for you.