If you are using a wifi network instead of ethernet:
- If possible, use a wired ethernet network connection rather than wireless for both Control Center and FireTV. Wired networks are typically more stable than wifi.
- If you have both 5Ghz and 2.4Ghz wifi options on your wireless access point:
5GHz networks have higher speeds and thus higher bandwidth but a little less distance. 2.4GHz networks have lower speeds and thus less bandwidth but a little more distance. 2.4GHz networks are also more susceptible to interference since more devices use that frequency.
- Try configuring both FireTV and Control Center to be on the same 5GHz network.
- Try configuring both FireTV and Control Center to be on the same 2.4GHz network.
You may also try unpairing and then re-pairing FireTV with Control Center. You will need to have your FireTV remote on hand. To do this:
- On FireTV, go to Settings> Controllers & Bluetooth Devices> Other Bluetooth Devices. Highlight the Control Center entry and then press the 3-line MENU button to unpair, followed by pressing SELECT to confirm.
- Once unpaired, Control Center should display an overlay asking if you want to pair. Use the Control Center remote to begin the process
- Once you see FireTV's pairing screen, use the FireTV remote to select "Add Bluetooth Devices". After a moment, a Control Center device should appear.
- Selecting that device will bring up a "Bluetooth pairing request". Confirm that the number displayed by FireTV matches the number now displaying at the top of the Control Center screen.
- Once done, use the Control Center remote to confirm it can control FireTV.
If you've already installed the Caavo Companion app, select it and confirm that it displays "Control Center connected successfully!" on the screen. If you do not already have the Caavo Companion App, follow the directions here under deeplinking.
Note: If you have multiple fireTVs on your network, make sure to select the correct one. Otherwise, you may be controlling a device other than the one connected to Control Center.