Connection to the internet is required for Control Center to function properly.
Control Center may display a message that a network connection has been lost or is no longer available, or you may try to issue a voice command and Control Center will look like it is responding but never appears to "hear" you. This can happen if Control Center loses connection with your network, or if your network loses connection to the internet.
First, check that other network devices can connect to the internet. You may wish to perform a speed test to confirm the current connection speed.
Wireless can be tricky sometimes, and if the signal from your router is too weak then Control Center may not be able to connect. Some possible solutions:
- We recommend using a wired connection when possible.
- If possible, you can also try moving your wireless router closer to Control Center.
- Most newer routers will give you the option to connect to a 2.4GHz signal or 5GHz signal, often denoted with "_5G" at the end of the network name. Connect to the 2.4GHz signal if available.
- On Control Center, go to Settings> Network Settings to confirm the network name, signal strength and IP address. If any of these are incorrect, select the option to change the wireless network settings.
- You might wish to try restarting both Control Center and the the wireless router. Restarting both devices can help resolve numerous problems, including duplicated IP address assignment by the router.
- If you have set up Control Center's IP manually (automatic is the default setting), check to make sure that IP address is not already in use. You will need to access your router's admin screens to do this.
- If the Control Center is connected to a switch try bypassing the switch and connect the Control Center directly to your router.
- If you have tried all of these steps and connections still fail, it is possible that other devices on your network may be causing issues. Try temporarily disconnecting those devices, or power them down, for troubleshooting purposes.
Network Ports Closed
If your network is configured with port blocking, there are several ports that Control Center needs to be open in order to function properly. These are:
Additionally, ensure that the IP address 22.214.171.124 is not blocked and ICMP needs to be allowed/enabled on your router.