Control Center utilizes your local network to control many of the devices we support for deeplinking and remote commands. In order for this to work, we must search for and pair with these devices over the network.
During setup, our search will return all devices of that type, which can get confusing. Example: If you have a Roku connected to your Control Center in your living room, and another Roku in a bedroom, during setup, Control Center will find both devices.
Make sure you select the correct device you are attempting to setup. You can do this by renaming the devices to unique identifiable names, or unplug the additional devices during setup of Control Center. If you choose the incorrect device during setup, you will not have control of the intended device, and you may be sending commands to the other device.
- Press Home on your remote.
- Select Help & Settings.
- Select Settings.
- Select Devices.
- Select Name this TiVo box.
- You can then select one of the pre-set names or choose one of your own and enter it using the keypad on your TiVo remote.
Naming Apple TV:
- Select Name to change it.
- Go to your HD DVR and press MENU on your remote control.
- Select Settings & Help
- Name Location.
- Launch the Roku mobile app.
- Select The Roku Channel icon or Channels icon from the bottom navigation bar.
- Tap the Settings icon in the top right corner.
- Select Device Name and Location.
- Sign in to your Roku account if prompted.
- Enter a device name.
- Select from the list of provided locations, or enter a custom location.
- Tap Save to store the changes.
Naming Nvidia shield/Andriod Streaming Box:
- Device Name
Naming Uverse set-top box:
- TV Receiver Name