IFTTT is a free service that gets all your apps and devices talking to each other. There are over 600 apps and devices including Google, Microsoft, Amazon, Twitter, BMW, Fitbit, Dropbox and Samsung available on IFTTT that help you automate simple tasks and transform how you interact with and control your home.
IFTTT allows people to turn on countless connections between digital devices and services with simple conditional statements, called Applets. You can create customized Applets for the services and devices you use or own. Applets use hands-free technology to get the most out of services you already use including: August Smart Locks, Facebook, Gmail, Instagram, Nest, and Ring among others.
The IFTTT service is integrated into Control Center, its home theater hub and universal remote so you can receive alerts on your TV screen for upcoming appointments, important emails, security alerts and more. Using IFTTT, you can can create a connected ecosystem for smart home products on your TV using Control Center as a hub.
A few examples of published Applets include:
- Pizza Cam: Set a trigger with your Ring or Nest door camera so when the pizza arrives your TV notifies you.
- Boss Alert: Set a push notification to your TV screen to get notified when someone with a particular email address sends you a message.
- Event Reminder: Send a reminder to your TV for whatever your next upcoming Google calendar event is.
- What’s the Score?: Set your TV to tune to ESPN the minute August unlocks your door so you don’t miss a minute of the game,
- Security Alerts: If the movie your watching isn’t scary enough...get a trigger whenever your Arlo security camera detects activity.
- Dim the Lights: Ready to watch your favorite movie? Simply tell Control Center to “dim the lights,” and your Philips Hue lighting will respond.
- TV Time: Receive a notification on your mobile device when the TV is turned on, ideal for monitoring TV time for younger children.
Please also see our IFTTT FAQ article.